Friday 9 November 2012

Orcs, orcs, orcs, orcs! Part 1

Last month I was tasked with painting an Orc army, something that I have wanted to do for a while now. Orcs were my first army that I ever painted, and were what really hooked me into the hobby so I really wanted to revisit them and apply my current painting knowhow to the models which I had painted (rather badly) around 10 years ago!

The client's brief was, 'Paint them like the box', so I had to break down the 'Eavy Metal paint job and make it fit the client's budget. I produced three test pieces in order to work our how I wanted to paint the army and for presenting to the client for approval.

Test Pieces

 
The client approved  the test pieces so I was able to crack on with the army.

The first regiment that I decided to paint was the Orc Boyz:



And here is another shot of the Orc Boyz, this time on one of Golem's gaming tables in our new Gaming Room.


That's all for now folks! Check back for more on this Orc army!

Thomas Moore

1 comment: